"I believe that just surviving was a noble fight..."

It's Monday. Whatever.

Thus far, the week has been pleasant enough, but it's still early and there's still lots to do, including our first meeting with the child study team and PJ's first trip to the dentist!

Oh, yeah. I said dentist. We can't get around it- he needs a dental exam for school. Bah. The receptionist asked me how he's behaved (seriously? He's two!??!) and I told her honestly, it's either going to be awesome or horrible. Since it's his first trip to see the dentist I don't really have a litmus test. So, we're going to jump in with both feet and see how it goes.

Hold me.

Tomorrow is our first meeting with the child study team, so we can plead our case for having PJ evaluated to participate in a special needs preschool program. Despite my reservations about PJ going to school as a whole (I am going to miss my baby!) I know it's the best and most productive place for him once he turns three, so we need to get him there. I have the obligatory stacks of paperwork ready to go, and I am feeling a bit on edge- it took a lot to not pick fights with Pete over stupid crap in my nervousness today! I have heard horror stories from parents and guardians who have not seen eye-to-eye with the child study team in regards to their child's schooling and care. Thankfully for those I love but unfortunately for us, we don't have any friends in a similar situation right now and really, nobody to ask. So while he have the support of PJ's therapy team right now, we're going in blind and we're as ready as we'll ever be, but still, my nerves are shot.

It doesn't help that we are having trouble with part of PJ's therapy. His Developmental Integration therapist left in late June when her beautiful son arrived a month early! She had been with us for nearly 9 months and did an amazing job with PJ. We were sad to see her go but so happy for her growing family! It took a few weeks to replace her, and on our first day with the new therapist, she arrived over half an hour late and spent another 10 minutes outside of our apartment, arguing with someone over the phone. I was, to put it nicely, not impressed. And I wasn't shocked when, after one more session with this therapist, I received a call that she was "no longer with the company". Frig. A few days later I got a call from a new therapist who set up our first session for the next week. I waited for 10, 20, 40 minutes past our arranged time and...nothing. She didn't show up! No phone call, and didn't answer or return mine. I wanted to make sure she wasn't squashed on the side of the road somewhere, so I made a call directly to the agency, which yielded these results:

Agency: So....you do know that {original therapist} hasn't been with the company for quite some time, so I'm not sure why there would have been a visit arranged.

Me: {excessive eye rolling and swearing in my head}. Yes, I know that, since she had a baby. The therapist in question is actually our second attempt at finding someone to replace our original therapist. She called me to arrange a time for therapy and never showed up today.

Agency: Well, we will follow up and have someone return your call.


No. Really. That was it. I never heard back from the therapist or the agency. So, PJ has been missing a therapy that is part of his IFSP for what's going on a month and a half. PJ's awesome service coordinator is on the case now, and with it now in her capable hands I am hoping for resolution shortly. Because I am growing increasingly aggravated. Grrrrr.

So, as usual, I end this blog post with a mere thirty minutes left in the day and a number of things to get done before I head to bed. So with all of this off my chest...

Good night!

No comments